- RE aims to develop pupils’ knowledge and understanding of Christianity and other principal religions.
- It promotes children's spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through exploring their own and other’s beliefs.
- RE plays a key role in developing the children’ sense of identity and belonging.
- It enables children to develop respect for others, particularly those whose faiths and beliefs are different from their own. This enables children to learn from different religions, beliefs, values and traditions.
- RE is important in enabling children to develop a wider understanding of the world in which they live.