PE, Sport & Physical Activity
P.E. Subject Leader: Miss SJ Smith
Our PE curriculum allows children to be provided with opportunities to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and wellbeing, and fitness. Through high-quality PE lessons, extra-curricular activities and clubs, children will take part in many different sporting activities, co-operative sports and competitive sports, whether this be against themselves (personal best) or others. This helps embed values such as fairness, respect, responsibility and determination and also develops a love for sports. The explicit teaching of subject specific vocabulary and definitions ensures that children can critically analyse and evaluate their own performance and that of others. Teachers at Girnhill have high expectations of all children and promote a willingness to have a go in all sporting activities and to keep trying when faced with a challenge.
IN EYFS children will:
· show good control and co-ordination in large and small movements. They move confidently in a range of ways, safely negotiating space.
· know the importance for good health of physical exercise, and a healthy diet, and talk about ways to keep healthy and safe. They manage their own basic hygiene and personal needs successfully, including dressing and going to the toilet independently.
In KS1 children will:
· be introduced to subject specific vocabulary and definitions that an athlete would use in order to critically analyse and evaluate their own performance and that of others.
· learn, work and talk like an athlete in order to engage in competitive sports and activities and develop the competence to excel in a broad range of sports.
· learn to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and not only understand how this is important for leading healthy, active lives but learn to enjoy this too.
· feel empowered to lead positive lives that are physically and mentally healthy.
- Rosenshines 17 Principles of Effective Instruction
- Teaching Strategies to Implement Rosenshines Principles in PE
- PE Intent Implementation Impact
- PE Skills Progression
- Physical Education Policy
- 2019-20 Evaluated Sports Funding Premium July 2020
- PE and Sport-Premium Funding 2018-19
- PE and Sports Premium Funding Overview 2017-18
- PE and Sports Premium Funding 2016-17 Impact
- PE and Sports Premium Funding Overview 2016-17