ICT Subject Leader: Miss L Robinson
Technology is becoming an integral part of everyday life. At Girnhill we hope to prepare our children for a future in an environment which is shaped by technology.
Our main priority of computing at Girnhill is to engage children with cross-curricular learning through interacting with technology.
We aim to develop confident, independent learners who are able to plan, design, create, program and evaluate information through the use of ICT.
As well as the benefits of ICT we are also aware of the risks, this is why we prepare our children to stay safe online through the use of e-safety awareness sessions and safer internet days.
EYFS Curriculum Links:
- To recognise that a range of technology is used within home and school.
- To select and use technology for a particular purpose.
KS1 National Curriculum Links:
- Understand what algorithms are.
- Create and debug simple programs.
- Use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs.
- Use technology purposefully to create, organise, store, manipulate and retrieve digital content.
- Recognise common uses of information technology beyond school.
- Use technology safely and respectfully, keeping personal information private and know where to go for help and support when they have concerns about content.